allergy to psyllium?
yesterday i took a psyllium husk pill for the first time.  About an hour after taking it i began to notice my nose running, sneezing, and some post nasal drip with somewhat of a sore throat. I had no problems up until then.  All through my childhood up until about 5 years ago I had fought extreme allergy problems.  Mostly due to grass pollen, tree pollen and dust.  My allergies mysteriously disappeared about 5 years ago and have only had a few bad cases.  Anyway,  this morning my nose is still congested as well as a mild sore throat from my post nasal drip im sure.  I read somewhere that people who are allergic to grass pollen could have an allergic reaction to psyllium husk.  Is this true?  Does it sound like my symptoms indicate that i may be allergic to psyllium?  I am not going to take anymore until I find out. Also, should i expect this to clear up soon if it is the case?  Thanks for the help.
When I see a post like this that has gone unanswered, it really discounts the value of this site. I am new and unfortunately will be leaving.

Rick

The medicinal parts of psyllium used are its tiny seeds and the husk surrounding them.  The seed and husk, when immersed in a liquid environment, absorb the fluid to form a gel-like substance.So those who are allergic to pollen and have hay fever might show an allergic reaction to it.This phenomenon is called cross reactivity.

Pls don,t take any psyllium husk in future as it can trigger life threatening anaphylaxis.

Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

I started taking Psyllium Husk about a month ago but lately started feeling short of breath. Could it be possible that I'm allergic to it?? Please let me know. This is the only "new" thing I have added to my regimen.  Help!