Allergy Community
allergy to silver

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

allergy to silver

Hi I am 49 years old and recently a friend gave me a silver pandora pendant, so I went out bought  a  silver necklace, after wearing necklace for about 10 minutes or so I started feeling a tightness in my throat and general neck area.  I am wanting to cough because of a choking sensation, I must admit I haven't worn jewelery for a long time, and remember once having a magnetic necklace and having the same symptoms   Could you please inform me about this topic Thank you.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
You appear to be allergic to metals. Common metal allergens are to silver, nickel, copper etc. What is important is you must find out what is causing this allergy. You must get an allergy test done, either a skin test or by RAST, to know what you are allergic to. You can then avoid ornaments made of those metals.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!