Hi I am 49 years old and recently a friend gave me a silver pandora pendant, so I went out bought a silver necklace, after wearing necklace for about 10 minutes or so I started feeling a tightness in my throat and general neck area. I am wanting to cough because of a choking sensation, I must admit I haven't worn jewelery for a long time, and remember once having a magnetic necklace and having the same symptoms Could you please inform me about this topic Thank you.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
You appear to be allergic to metals. Common metal allergens are to silver, nickel, copper etc. What is important is you must find out what is causing this allergy. You must get an allergy test done, either a skin test or by RAST, to know what you are allergic to. You can then avoid ornaments made of those metals.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.