allergy to sugar
Two years ago I started suffering of strong sore throat and sinusites. It turned out to be caused by an allergy to sugar. Now I do not eat any type of sweet food nor fruit and I feel better, but as soon as I have something that contains sugar I start getting sore throat and sinusites. If I have a full slice of cake I start getting alll the symptoms of fever but no high temperature. My bone, my muscles and joints ache and of course I develope sinusites as well. I wonder if mine is not an allergy to sugar but instead I have some bacteria in my body that gets fed by sugar. When I don't eat any sweet food I am tired but I do not feel sick, while as soon as I eat sweet food I get sick. I know that sugar is contained in any carbohidrates but I cannot stop eating everything.
Does any expert have any idea? Can anyone help, as this is not living... this is surviving.

Allerfy to sucrose os sugar is rare but not impossible.If you are showing signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction towards sugar,then you can confirm it by allergy testing.Skin test or patch test is used for this purpose.This test involves pricking, scratching or injecting food extracts into the patient’s skin. The skin will react with redness and swelling for those extracts capable of eliciting an allergic reaction when consumed.Other tests used are blood tests like RAST and food challenge tests.

I feel that you shoul consult an allergist and get allergy testing done so as to find the offending allergen.Treatment mainly involves avoidance of the allergen.

I sincerely hope that helps. Kind rgds and pls do keep me posted in case of any additional queries.

Have you ever heard of  "systemic yeast,"  otherwise known as candidiasis?  It is basically yeast making you sick.  The yeast is fed by sugar and carbohydrates.  If you have it, then you would feel tired a lot, very tired, probably have a hard time staying focused, and you probably crave sweets or other carbohydrates?  If any of these symptoms sound familiar, definitely google up, "candidiasis albicans"  to see what you find.  Oh, yeast can also overwhelm your system if you have a history of taking anti-biotics.  To get rid of it, you must stop eating all sugar and carbs temporarily because it starves the yeast out of you body and gives you back your life energy!  
Hello nicolie,
I can very much relate to your post - I have had two episodes of this same thing in the last 6 months - each following eating a very sugary product. Both were followed with an extreme sore throat, joined the next day by something like a sinus and upper respiratory infection, and then flu-like symptoms. Feels like a bad cold for a week after. I have not been formally allergy tested but am fairly certain it is either a worsening allergy or perhaps something different is being added to sugar nowadays that some of us are more sensitive to.
I do not, however, feel tired when avoiding sugar, as you have mentioned. Perhaps you have another as-yet undetected food allergy. Or, what about thyroid function?