Allergy Community
allergy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

allergy

My son is 5 years old and has been taking Omnicef for 2 days now.  He had a WBC count of 20.2 and all of the urine, strep, and other blood tests were fine.  They even did an ultrasound for appendicitis.  The dr put him on omnicef because they knew there was an infection happening.  This evening he has broke out all over some of the spots look like red pen dots and others are blisters (I popped one and water came out) I wasn't sure.  Could this be an allergic reaction?  What should I do?  Could the effect his breathing?

Hello Bethany,

I just finished reading your comments. I also looked up the medication called
Omnicef on a website called www.drugs.com.   There are many possible side effects of Omnicef.  One of the side effects listed there was hives which I believe would look like red pen dots. If you want to, go to that website I mentioned and check out all the possible side effects of this drug.
Based on what you have said, I think this is an allergic reaction. Being Saturday you probably won't be able to bring your son to his regular doctor
so I would suggest going to the nearest walk in clinic . I also think you shouldn't give your son anymore Omnicef. This is not a professional medical opinion as I am not a doctor.  The problem with allergic reactions is they can get worse than hives or blisters , but these type of things are definitely allergic responses. Take him to be seen by a doctor either his own or a walk in clinic asap.    I wish you and your son well.    Eve

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...