Allergy Community
always feeling cold

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

always feeling cold

i am always cold while everyone else is hot. i am being told this  is due to an underactive thyrod. is this possible and if so what alternative medicines will correct this.
I speak from experience.  This can be attributed to low thyroid function.  If you have not had your thyroid checked, I would do so.  Get with your doctor or endocrinologist.  Medication, such as synthroid or levothyroxine treats thyroid disorders, such as hypothyroidism.  The medicine most definitely helps, but may not take the "cold" feeling away permanently.

Good Luck!
I too feel cold all the time. I feel like the coldness is internal, not just my skin. It was 76 degrees in my house one night and I felt like I was in Antarctica. But at the same time It could be 65 degrees in my house and I will feel like it was 100 degrees. I hope someone figures this out because I am only 29 years old.

You cannot simply start any medication without a confirmed diagnosis and without consultation of a certified physician.

Are you having any other symptoms? This could be seen normally in some individuals and in some  cases it is related to thyroid dysfunction.

You should consult your doctor and get a thyroid function test done.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
Low thyroid makes your temp. low,so you get cold. Do you have a low temp? Some people are low in iodine and that alone will correct the problem. You need to see a alternative doc to see if you need iodine. He might give you kelp which is high in it. Don't take it without a doc's advice. I took it with my armour thyroid and got hyper. really bad . I would love to find a doctor to work with me to lower my meds with iodine cause I know from that exsperience that iodine increases the thyroid. I understand low iodine also causes thyroid  goiter.
i have had this problem always cold for many years, i can sleep with 3 duvets and blankets yet i don´t reach hot temp. i am always tired, sleepy, and constantly putting on weight, i eat well and healthy. i drink a fair amount of coffeebut not a problem of concern.
i would love to solve this problem so i can feel alittle lighter in my clothes.
I have this strange thing with me. When I loose enough sleep my body temp will drop to 97.0'F. I feel so cold from with in. Doesn't matter how much clothes I wear still cold even if a hot shower.

On the other had if I have lots of sleep and a good meal my body temp is 98.6'F and I sweat after eating.

Don't know if this is normal.
I am taking anti hypertensive drug now and I have recent thyroidectomy and was given cytomel 25mcg twice a day... my question is, Is this safe for me to take this two kind of drugs even if I take this 2 hours apart? please help me, I'm worried about my situation.