amoxicillin allergy?
My 6 year old woke up with bright red rash no hives 2 weeks ago on her face and neck very itchy Her doctor thought she had scarlet fever and strep throat.. treated with amoxicillin.  She took it for 5 days then developed hives on the face and neck.. also had small pink puffy circular spots that itched on her torso and legs and shoulder.. The hives would come and go..  I gave her benadryl and cortisone cream.  We went back to the doctor who said they are definitly hives and he prescribed Omnicef.  I gave her the first dose yesterday... she woke up with hives on her neck and a little under her panties.  I don't know if this is still the amoxicillin rash that was coming and going or if it is caused by the Omnicef.. I decided to give her  the second dose of Omnicef and she did not get any more symptomatic.  She is not complaining of itching anymore but the hives are still present on her neck, cheek and under her panties.. I gave her benadryl again before bedtime.  Does amoxicillin rash come and go like this??  I am not sure if she is truly allergic to it or not.  She is improving on antibiotics (throat is not sore and she looks healthier and the peticheia is gone from her mouth.  But we are only half way through the antibiotic course.  They don't think she has mono which I know can cause a rash on amoxicillin because she is improving on antibiotics.  

The rash appeared prior to intake of amoxicillin? Is this correct? And the hives developed after amoxicillin use?

Have you stopped giving her amoxicillin?

The original rash was probably scarlet fever it was bright red and bumpy.  The rash that developed after taking amoxicillin for 5 days was Hives.. The bumpy rash was gone after taking amoxicillin for 2 days.  She still has hives 3 days after taking her last dose of amoxicillin.. the hives come and go.  She is now on Omnicef.. the hives are still coming and going.  
My daughter gets random hives, from time to time, some I think (the doc and I don't know still) the hives could be due to heat, like a heat rash, which might be something to it.

I would seek a second doctor to see what they say... The hives/rash that my 2 yr old daughter gets, we still have no clue what causes them and tends to go away after a while. But try to see if it has to do with the heat, make sure your child is getting plenty of liquids (I am sure you are :) ).  

and there is an Aveeno oatmeal bath stuff to get, in the baby isle, or ask for it at the store (it is powder form) that helps reduce the hives I have found.

Try those things to see if that helps some :).

Also, another thing to consider, sometimes Milk allergy can develop at any age, maybe she has a reaction to milk or gluten products? I am allergic to milk, well I was as a kid and I would break out in rashes, switched to soy and I was fine. Now I can drink milk but not as much as most people.

hope this helps a little bit :) hopefully things will get better soon :)

oops! saw this was 2008.. sorry about that. Still I am adding a reply.