asthma and cold weather
All the information i have ever seen about asthma claims that cold weather is a "trigger." Now, I'm sure this is true of some asthmatics since ive seen others have attacks due to the cold, i dont believe it to be universal. This is because of myself. I have asthma and pretty much every "trigger" ever listed will trigger attacks in me, cold weather doesnt. IN fact, sometimes it seems to help. For instance, when I snowboard with my cousins who are in much better shape than me and do not have any handicapping ailments i always outlast them when we start hiking. This is when my asthma should kick right in and i should start turning blue isnt it? Cold weather, thin air, dry air (i board in the rockies almost exclusively), yet for some reason my asthma seems to improve. Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be? (oh and if it helps stress has never caused me to suffer from an attack)
everyone is different.  I have moderate asthma and cold weather doesnt bother me.  I run 5miles at 4am at below zero temps.  Stress doesnt bother me either.  I am more triggered when my seasonal allergies are bad.  Just consider yourself lucky I guess.