b 12 allergy
I had anaphylaxis twice and I went to several allergist and even to a Allergy Specialist. I was tested and found to be allergic to many things. I was never told that B12 could be the culprit. That was eight years ago. Since then I have not taken any supplements. I was taking B12 at this time but stopped it.

Recently I found out that I have a B12 deficiency and was told to take B12 injections. I decided to start taking the supplement instead. In about 2 months I had Horrible hives and a rash. The allergist said To continue B12 and stop the Natural Digestion product I was taking. I was put on all kinds of allergy meds. I stopped taking them and I began to get hives again.My lips and eyes began to swell. That is what happened several months before I had anaphylaxis. So I went back and read over ALL my allergy tests from 8 years ago AND I tested POSITIVE for allergy to Cobalt. I quit taking the B12 and the hives disappeared.

I could not believe that B12 is made from Cobalt. If you have hives when you take it ...BEWARE!!!!!!!!

I called my pharmacist and was told that is the only way it is made---with Cobalt.

Has anyone had this problem. I NEED to take B12. Is there an Alternate Solution?