Allergy Community
b 12 allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

b 12 allergy

I had anaphylaxis twice and I went to several allergist and even to a Allergy Specialist. I was tested and found to be allergic to many things. I was never told that B12 could be the culprit. That was eight years ago. Since then I have not taken any supplements. I was taking B12 at this time but stopped it.

Recently I found out that I have a B12 deficiency and was told to take B12 injections. I decided to start taking the supplement instead. In about 2 months I had Horrible hives and a rash. The allergist said To continue B12 and stop the Natural Digestion product I was taking. I was put on all kinds of allergy meds. I stopped taking them and I began to get hives again.My lips and eyes began to swell. That is what happened several months before I had anaphylaxis. So I went back and read over ALL my allergy tests from 8 years ago AND I tested POSITIVE for allergy to Cobalt. I quit taking the B12 and the hives disappeared.

I could not believe that B12 is made from Cobalt. If you have hives when you take it ...BEWARE!!!!!!!!

I called my pharmacist and was told that is the only way it is made---with Cobalt.

Has anyone had this problem. I NEED to take B12. Is there an Alternate Solution?