blisters on palms
My son has started developing a painful,itchy rash on the palm of his hands after helping to remove a rug in our basement(that had just been cleaned). 3 days later,the rash is beginning to get small bumps/blisters especially on the sides of his fingers. He also has dry patches where the skin looks like it is beginning to heal.Is this an allergic reaction? He has been sick the week prior with a headache and tiredness.
Hi, welcome to the forum, his symptoms are suggestive of allergic contact dermatitis, secondary to exposure to allergen and mediated by IgE antibodies. His body is known to hypersensitive to certain things like rug in the basement.

This triggering factor should be identified and should be avoided in future. And even a skin allergy test can be useful.

You can try anti histaminics against prescription, but prevention is the best cure. I suggest you to consult skin specialist, if the symptoms recur. Take care and regards.