Allergy Community
blisters on palms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

blisters on palms

My son has started developing a painful,itchy rash on the palm of his hands after helping to remove a rug in our basement(that had just been cleaned). 3 days later,the rash is beginning to get small bumps/blisters especially on the sides of his fingers. He also has dry patches where the skin looks like it is beginning to heal.Is this an allergic reaction? He has been sick the week prior with a headache and tiredness.
  • hallo! (2 replies):
    my son got an itchy hand please help me?
  • allergy test (1 replies):
    my IgE level is 450.iam having severe itching of the ski...[more]
  • for allergic (1 replies):
    i have red chapaki in my whole body pls help about this ...[more]
  • ichyness (1 replies):
    HELP!i get a big red rash that iches and comes up in hug...[more]
  • Asthma allergy (2 replies):
    i am very allergic to AC, dust, Fan. pls help me.
Hi, welcome to the forum, his symptoms are suggestive of allergic contact dermatitis, secondary to exposure to allergen and mediated by IgE antibodies. His body is known to hypersensitive to certain things like rug in the basement.

This triggering factor should be identified and should be avoided in future. And even a skin allergy test can be useful.

You can try anti histaminics against prescription, but prevention is the best cure. I suggest you to consult skin specialist, if the symptoms recur. Take care and regards.