Allergy Community
blood test vs. skin tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

blood test vs. skin tests

I am 46 years old and about 2 years old I started having an allergic reaction to milk.  It was causing mucus in my lungs which I would cough up for about 2 hours.  This happened within 5 minutes of drinking the milk.  I had allergy skin tests to milk, eggs & wheat.  They said I was allergic to milk.  I was retested 1 1/2 years later to milk and about 35 other things and they said I was allergic to milk, eggs, chocolate, cashews, lemons, oats, pork, chicken & tomatoes and that I should avoid all of those things.   I wasn't too happy about that so I went to another allergist and had blood testing done.  They said I wasn't allergic to anything I was tested for (including all of the above).

Does anyone have any information about the reliability of blood and skin allergy tests?  Also does anyone have any personal experience about either one to share?  

thanks