breakout on back
I work out almost daily on an exercise bike for about 1/2 hr and usually perspire, but have never had any reaction. However, in the past week, "sandpaper-like" tiny bumps have appeared all over my mid & lower back. These are NOT acne bumps and are actually not "bumps", i.e., you can't even really see them. But if you run your hand down my back, it feels rough (like sandpaper) and if you look REALLY close, you can see tiny red dots. I have never really suffered with any type of acne or even skin conditions, so I have no idea what the cause is of this skin condition. I'm 47 years old, so it's not a "teenage hormone" situation either. If you have any ideas, please let me know, and also what I can do about this. Thanks.
It can be due to heat rash or prickly heat. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. If there is any itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.