breathing hardness problem
hi my name is raj, i have been suffering hardness in breathing? it occured twice. Well is this asthma or what? I used to take iced coke and mcdonals food instead of home food and been suffering from common cold from long time. My friend told me that i was snoring 2 or 3 days before and yesterday i felt hard to breathe. Wat we call it? i will be thankful if i get the answers thanks
Snoring can be caused from a few things. If you wake up with a feeling of choking perhaps you may have some sleep apnea. Only your doctor and a sleep study can verify that. Difficult breathing could be asthma. Can also be caused from heart issues. This is definitely a case for your family doctor. I would call and make an appointment with your doctor soon to figure out the issue. Good luck.
Hi, welcome to the forum, there are many causes of breathing difficulty. The symptom you are having is known as dyspnea. The possibilities are Bronchospasm (bronchial asthma) - this seems more likely but needs to be evaluated.

Bronchial asthma is usually exaggerated or precipitated during cold season or timing. This condition is sometimes associated with running nose. The triggering factors like dust, fog, pollens etc. can cause the precipitation of these symptoms. An allergy test and pulmonary function tests will help to rule out the cause.

Treatment of bronchial asthma constitutes use of appropriate bronchodilators in the form of inhalation against prescription. A trial 2-3 weeks will help to reduce symptoms.

The other causes needed to be ruled out are pulmonary embolism, Pneumothorax and chronic bronchitis (This seen commonly in chronic smokers) and even cardiac causes like Congestive heart failure and Cardiac tamponade can cause breathing problem but seems unlikely.

I suggest you to consult physician for initial evaluation. Take care and regards.