Allergy Community
can food allergies cause itchy anus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

can food allergies cause itchy anus

hi i am a 22 year old man. i went to the doctor a while ago because my anus was itching really bad. The doc gave me some cream and some suppositories which only provided relief when used but as soon as i stop the cream the itch started back. He said no hemorroids (hemorrhoids) or fissures or anything like that. It itches so bad that i scratch to provided relief and then my anus gets sore. I was wondering if possibly i have a food allergry that is causeing this annoying itch. I have been eating alot of wheat bread to get ample amounts of fiber in order to see if that could fix this problem. Do you think that maybe the wheat bread is causing the itch,. The itch is only present after a bm. and if i don't take a shower and fully wash out my anus the itch gets so bad it makes wipe my anus sore in order to scratch the itch. i have read some people who have stopped eating wheat and their anal itch has gone away.. anybody have any simliar problems or solutions
Yes!  Same problem as you describe, and giving up wheat has completely ELIMINATED the itch!  I have been wheat and gluten-free (gluten is the primary culprit in causing the itch) for 3 weeks and the itch, which I have been dealing with for more than 20 years, is gone!  To further illustrate this, last week I slipped up and ate some frozen meatballs that contained gluten and wheat flour and within 2-1/2 hours my bottom was so inflamed I could hardly stand it. Interestingly, the skin heals almost immediately after the wheat clears out of your system.  As bad as my skin looked, I thought it would take days or weeks to heal.  In fact, as early as the next day all the redness and inflammation were gone.

Do a Google search about anal itching and wheat allergies. You'll be a believer.  Better yet, give up wheat!  Be extra vigilant in reading ingredient labels -- gluten is in almost everything, especially canned soups, broth, soy sauce, marinades, almost anything containing wheat (I think sprouted wheat bread is gluten-free), even corn chips that are gluten-free can share a conveyor belt and become cross-contaminated.  I highly recommend reading some books about going gluten-free and food intolerances in general.  They will be very helpful.

The good news is, after 4-6 months of a wheat-free diet, you can usually reintroduce it and as long as you don't eat it too frequently.  Once every 3-4 days and most people are okay.  People develop a wheat intolerance because they eat wheat at almost every meal.

Hope that's helpful...
It might not be allergy at ally. It can be a simple parasitic infestation. Try Tablet mebendazole 100 mg twice daily for 3 days.
What cream did u use to take the pain away?
These are some of the causes for itchy anus

Constipation. Wrong food habits. Controlling the natural urge to defaecate or urinate. Not drinking enough water. Sedentary life style. Diet deficient in fibre foods. Lack of physical exercise, activities. Obesity. Drugs / Medicines. Poor hygiene. Pregnancy.