Allergy Community
cappuccino

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

cappuccino

I was diagnosed as achild as being lactose intolerant, but it has not acted up in years. Tonight I drank a cappuccino and now I feel as if I have a lump in my throat. I can breathe and swallow, but its annoying. Should I get help or just take an antihistamine? I have an epi pen on hand for a seafood/fish allergy.. should I use that if it gets worse?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Yes, you should use the epipen, if you develop symptoms of breathlessness. Try OTC antihistamines and keep monitoring.

Allergic reactions can show a waxing and waning phenomenon. They can improve or worsen with time. Also it is possible to develop new allergies, you could develop new allergic reactions  to food or other substances. You will only have to closely monitor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.