chest congestion
I have severe chest congestion. This has been going on for about 3 months. It's strange because I will have constant congestion and cough one day and the next day I will be almost clear. I know that if I have congestion one day the next day I will not. I plan my days accordingly. My dr. has put me on antiboitics and presidone twice in the last 3 months, I've had a chest x-ray last week, shows nothing. I have had allergies all my life. What I really don't understand is the on again off again cycle. Please help!
Welcome to the forum!
What you have is probably asthma. The secretions collect over a day and you cough it out next day. Then slowly the secretions again accumulate and you feel the need to cough it out. Probably some decongestants and bronchodilators may help you. Get a respiratory status assessment done and check your peak flow. It would be a good idea to consult a chest specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I forgot to say that my Dr. put me on Singulair. If I have asthma, taking antiboitics and presidone won't help, will it? So far, they have not done any good. I probably need to see a chest specialist.
Yes, if you have asthma, antibiotics will not help you definitely unless you also have an infection. Steroids are often prescribed for asthma. However since this is chronic problem, please consult a chest specialist to get the best results.