Allergy Community
cold or pneumonia??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

cold or pneumonia??

I had a cold about 2 weeks ago and had coughing and congestion and it lasted for about 2 weeks and cleared up... Well I started coughing last night and I'm coughing up little chunks of phlegm and it's light yellow. I didn't know if that was normal or not.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Aside from the cough, do you have other symptoms present? This could be due to acute respiratory infection which could be due to viral or bacterial causes. Pneumonia usually presents with fever, increased respiratory rate and sometimes shortness of breath which warrants medical evaluation. Drinking plenty of fluids, rest  and antitussive medications may help provide relief especially if it is viral in nature. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.