Allergy Community
constant zoned out, tiredness, no concentration - allergies?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I'm 17 and have had allergies badly since 12. At least I think.

It has gotten to the point where most days of the week I can't do anything. I'm too tired to have the will to do anything and I can't think. It affects my work and recreation.. It's the worst outside, and it goes on all year. I can't do any physical labour or I'll be dazed out for the rest of the day, etc. I can't sleep lots of nights because I'm so restless. I'm absolutely exhausted but I just can't get to sleep.

All of this relates to my mother too, she has the same problems.

I have tried every type of allergy pill. The 24/7 ones, two kinds. A number of regular ones, and they don't do anything. I've been to the doctor MANY times and they just do a bunch of tests and I never hear anything back. When I inquire I'm apparently 100% healthy.  Same with my mother - she's gone through a huge procedure, shots, etc, and absolutely no help. She gets barley any sleep at night.. 4 hours on average, and can't sleep in the day because of this. Just lies there exhausted.

Is there anything I can do?

Some of the conditions with widespread body and joint aches are fibromyalgia(a disorder classified by the presence of chronic widespread pain and tactile allodynia(pain even on touching)  ,chronic fatigue syndrome(often manifests with widespread myalgia and arthralgia, cognitive difficulties, chronic mental and physical exhaustion)  ,polymyositis (means 'many muscle inflammation') and polymyalgia rheumatica(an inflammatory disorder that causes widespread muscle aching and stiffness, primarily in your neck, shoulders, upper arms, thighs and hips. It literally appears overnight, but the cause may be a problem with the immune system, perhaps involving both genetic and environmental factors).

Also get yourself evaluated for anemia.

Going by your age possibility of chronic fatigue syndrome,fibromyalgia and anemia are more.
Complete physical examination along with investigations like ESR blood,hemoglobin in blood, creatine kinase,electromyography and muscle biopsy may be needed to make a diagnosis.Pls consult a physician for that.

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.

It does sound like it could be CFS... but I need to ask you if you are having any headaches, muscle aches and if you push yourself one day... do you pay for it the next day ?

Also... I've known people who have had chemical sensitivities and have had that brain-fog with those as well. I think it would be a good idea for you to try using non-toxic household cleaners. I don't think it  could hurt and it may help.

______________________________________________________________________

Kindd,

I'm so glad you recognize CFS, fibromyalgia and EBV. Thank you... you are a huge asset to this community.
I have been having random pains.. chest hurting one day, then both arms, knees badly.. completely random.

It isn't that phys labour hurts.. it tires me out for rest of day and makes me completely useless in all aspects.
Also, if it helps, I'm tired all day but soon as it hits night I'm 100% fine.
until I lay down.

Can you describe the pains ? Shooting pains, aching, burning or sharp ?? Do you also get ill frequently ?
I don't get ill frequently. Sharp pain in my chest.. some days it worse than others when I move and when I push in. Apparently nothing is wrong.

A month ago my knee was throbbing TERRIBLE for weeks and weeks. The pains are different and completely random. Sometimes I get NONE, like now.

It all seems fine til I start doing something.. especially going outside.

Fibromyalgia patients complain more about pain (usually widespread). CFS patients # 1 complaint is fatigue... but of course if you aren't sleeping, then you are going to have more fatigue.

I agree with everything kindd wrote to you... I would consider getting those tests and start looking into the possibility of fibro, CFS, lyme and even chemical sensitivities.

After I had mono, I had severe allergies... but I had muscle aches, extreme fatigue & frequent headaches. I remember I would have a delayed reaction to the allergy shots and the day after I had my shots, I would miss work from being so ill. I realize now that this was because I have CFS and have immune dysfunction.

Best of luck to you... keep us posted !

Just a thought ,what are you taking I was on AntiHistimines and they made me so tired  I could hardly think, couldnt drive or anything,had a lot of aches and pains, on rereading your posts you dont say you are not taking any Meds at this time, if you are check them out before you think you have anything else. Sometimes they interact with each other aswell, Hydroxyzine is very powerful so if you take that you will feel exhausted, Tell your Mom to check what she is taking also.If in doubt about the pills ask your Doctor.
Different types of anti hist. I've found they are pretty much useless. they don't work for me. I've stopped taking them for the most part.. We've tried all types.

Homeopathy may help your allergies... it did with mine (since the allergy shots failed me). As far as your other symptoms... you should definitely see a physician who knows about lyme, fibro & CFS... just in case.