Allergy Community
cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

cough

Hie ,
My husband is having cough since january 2011. He has tried a lot of medicines (both allopathic nd Homeopathic) but all seems to be in vain . we have doubts that it could be allergy recently he had a test for allegrens too. He has reduced a lot and is very lathargic all the time with reduced stamina. At times we feel that his cough is okay nd well under controll but then it returns as if never gone. we don't know it's exact cause and in what direction to proceed to get it cured.

PLZ help us as life is like hell coughing all the time.
Thanks a Lot
Does he smoke?
http://www.copd-international.com/COPD.htm

Check these symptoms of COPD

If he is not a smoker he could still have it
Has he had a chest x-ray if not that is what I would look into. Also were any of the meds inhaled steriods (like flovent) and was he prescribed any other type of inhaler? Has he been exposed to anything different starting in January?

I hope you get your answers,
achilles2

PS As any part of the homeopathic included a good chiropractor?
He could have allergies even after testing,
JANUARY, THAT'S THE BEGINNING OF TREE ALLERGIES..
GOOGLE IT.
I also have a horrible cough that leaves me exhausted.. Chest x-rays, mri's, cat scans, allergy tests  only show grass, weeds as allergy related.  He could have  post-nasal drip causing him to cough. Elevate his bed (pillows under mattress) portion. He could also have "reflux" and should try otc prevacid for acid reflux..stay away from spicy foods.Try using the neti pot (which has done wonders for me vs. medication) which can clear up some of the mucus that is dripping down the back of his throat. Mucinex 12hr.release tablets can help thinning out the mucus also. Dairy products will only make more mucus. Check inside home for "mold" which can be a cause of coughing also. I'm hoping this information will help. Hope the best for you!!!