coughing and clearing throat
For 2 years I have had a significant problem with sinus drainage, coughing and consistent clearing of my throat. By half way through the day my throat hurts so bad that it is hard to talk. What can I do. I've seen and ENT dr twice and an allergy specialist. The latest option the ENT dr. gave me was to try some medication Omeprazole for acid reflux even though I have no issues with that. What can I do?
I really like the neti-Pot, it is not expensive and it is found anywhere, this will irrigate your nasal passages, and will wash out the drainage.  Try daytime antihistamines, this should dry the drainage up, this should keep you from coughing, you wont have drainage in your throat then.  Hope this helps, and as always, the more water we drink will help with this. May GOD bless!
Hi, welcome to the forum, your symptoms are suggestive of upper respiratory disorder. The causes of these may be bacterial infection like streptococcal, staphylococcal, Tuberculosis, Bronchiectasis and Fungal infections.

This can be associated with postnasal drip and throat clearing. This can in turn irritate the throat lining. Infection needs to be managed bz appropriate antibiotics. Go for antiseptic gargling.

The other possibilities are gastro esophageal reflex disease, hyperplastic tonsil, abnormal upper esophageal sphincter function, stress or psychological abnormality causes this sensation due to altered upper esophageal pressure. You may need to undergo endoscopic evaluation, chest radio graph etc..

Firstly I suggest you to consult physician for possible causes and further management. Take care and regards.