Allergy Community
could swollen lymph nodes in head be a sinus infection???????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I am a 33 year mom who has swollen lymph nodes on the top right of my head and down the right side of my neck with lower back pain, nausea and headaches....could this be a big sinus infection??  I am confused.......and a little scared.....
The symptoms are consistent with a viral infection.

I am not sure of what you are refering to.  While there are occipital (back of head) and post aricular (behind ear) lymph node groups none of these extend above the level of the ear.

Are you sure these are lymph nodes? .. the ones on the top of your head.
It is worth seeing someone for a full workup.
yes It is the top right of my head.......I have been on some antibiotics for a dew days now and they seem to be going down.....thank you for your input..........
I, too, recently recovered from a sinus infection.  Since I began feeling better 4 days ago, I have been getting lumps on the right side of my head following a pattern of about 3-4 inches above my ear and in a straight line across to the back of my head, and then down the back of my head.  Lymph nodes are swollen in the back of my head, the back of my neck, and the side of the neck.  Today, this path of lumps began burning and stinging.  Please help.
I had severe tonsilitus about 8 years ago and my sinuses have never been the same since. I have since developed allergies and about twice a year my lymph nodes in my neck swell and i'm in agony and ill for a good month at a time. The only things that I have found to work as far as natural remedies are using a netti pot daily and oil pulling. The netti pot and salt solution reduces the infection greatly and keeps allergy sypmtoms away. Oil pulling is a new technique i'm trying but it seems to cut down on the swollen lymph nodes and amount of viral infection build up. I recommened everyone suffering from sinus problems to try these 2 things. They aren't a cure but they will help alot and keep you off antibiotics.
i have allergies with no fever and body ache last week and i went ot urgent care to see a doctor for my tounge because i saw red bumps at the back of my tounge and the doctor told me that was my taste buds changing forms because remember i ate salty chips the day after i noticed the bumps and i also have unprotected oral sex not even longer than 10 mins and while i am in urgent care i ask my doctors to check my glands and he told me that i am ok except i have allergies he prescribes allergies pills and check if i have a fever and after he gave me the medications the next i felt pain in my throat and i am having hard time to swallowed and i keep taking my medications and the pain when away. today i feel like my lymp nodes under my throat in my left side little hurting and you like little bumps when you touch it and cannot be visible because i dont see anything swallow i dont any fever and feel anything after my oral sex three weeks ago, i am little worry i thought i have HIV pls advice me!! i took antibiotics to see if when away but now i dont feel it anymore what is that sign? i start getting paranoids pls advice me. thanks joey
My son is 8 years old.  He was recently bitten by 4 ticks after playing in the woods one afternoon.  Three of the ticks were attached to his head!  Two days later, he had a knot on the back of his head that was like a small ball.  It is located behind his ear, but on the left side of his head.  This is very upsetting to me.  I do not want to think the worse.  Could this be a lymph node?  He has always had an enlarged lymph node on the right side of his neck.  The doctor's never showed concern for it.   Please help.  
I was just given cough medicine with codine for most of what has been described here. By Lourdes walk in in Endicott NY. What a freaken joke. These ain't doctors. Pas at best But wow do they have a lot to learn. My wife,a third shift ER nurse spoke to Kristin and told her what she thought. I  moxicilin 875 was prescribed and wow does it work. Don't waste your time at lourdes They are so screwed up!