Allergy Community
crap in throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

crap in throat

i have a huge quetion, i have mucus that will not come up or down i constantly gag from it and im nineteen years old, its definatly scaring me cause its be going on for awhile, i thought it might pass but it as been getting alot worse. tonight as in the time i am now writing to you is when i started to gag and throw up in that order. as far as i know i dont have allergies, i do smoke, and have been spraying my bedroom with chemicals to get rid of bugs and such. maybe it could be from one of those things but I dont know what to do about this or where it came from or how to get rid of it. can you please give me some insight cause i am most def. lost.
i would go see the dr just to make sure it is nothing serious of course you know they are going to tell you to stop smoking and if you are going to be spraying chemicals in your room for bugs and such make sure that it is properly ventilated for a pretty good amount of time
Hi, welcome to the forum, your symptoms are suggestive of sinusitis. The causes of these are bacterial infection like streptococcal, staphylococcal, Tuberculosis, Bronchiectasis and Fungal infections.

This can be associated with postnasal drip and throat clearing. This can in turn irritate the throat lining. Other important and rare condition to be ruled out is cystic fibrosis wherein there is presence of thick saliva and respiratory secretions.

You need to send the sputum or throat swab for culture, microscopy, staining to rule out the pathogen and should also take chest radiograph. Antibiotic sensitivity of culture will decide the effective drug.

The other possibilities are gastro esophageal reflex disease, hyperplastic tonsil, abnormal upper esophageal sphincter function, stress or psychological abnormality causes this sensation due to altered upper esophageal pressure. You may need to undergo endoscopic evaluation.

Firstly I suggest you to consult ENT surgeon for possible causes and further management. Take care and regards.