Allergy Community
distillery employee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

distillery employee

I was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday after leaving work early on Wednesday with respiratory problems and 103 temp. I was in bed all weekend hacking and coughing up blood in my phlegm. I am also an asthmatic besides. The worst is over, but I still cough up blood and am still wheezing. Is the blood anything to be concerned about?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Coughing up blood could be due to the pneumonia. But check to see if you are any blood thinners. Also, if the bronchodilators are inadequate to control your wheezing, check with your doctor for alternate ones. Do steam inhalations prior to your meals. This helps to loosen up and bring out the secretions. If the bleeding is excessive, please go to the ER at the earliest.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.