Allergy Community
dizziness and malaise after eating fruit and nuts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Whenever i eat  any fruit or nuts i get so sick and sometimes i have fainted. i was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope but i´m not too sure that this problem is related to that. i dont get my mouth swallen and anything like that, i just feel so weak as i´m going to pass out. i had the glucose test done but it came back normal. i have no idea of what this could be, dysautonomia maybe? or could this be an allergy to fruit or something?
Hi, welcome to the forum, you seem to be allergic to fruits and nuts. The common existing food allergens are walnut, cashew, Brazil nut, pistachio etc. It affects 0.5 percent of persons in the United States.

As allergic reactions are IgE mediated, blood tests will show increase in these levels secondary to a food allergy. The problem with the food allergy testing is sometimes the amount of food they challenge with may be not sufficient to elicit any allergic reactions.
When such food is consumed in large quantities can elicit allergic reaction. In your case, there are no physical symptoms. Release of histamine secondary to allergic reaction is known to dilate the blood vessels leading to sudden decrease in BP (hypotension) and cause dizziness. You need to note down such food also in your diary and avoid the intake in future.

I suggest you to consult skin specialist/ immunologist for further line of management. Take care and regards.
Thank you so much for your aswer! i didn´t know that an allergic reaction could actually exist without physical symptoms...that´s interesting...that could explain all my symptoms. thank you so much Dr.