Allergy Community
does anybody have sinus problems from really dry weather.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Hi! I moved last spring to a really dry climate, from a really wet one. I had sinus trouble in the late summer/fall and now that it has been below freezing (-4 last night) it is starting up again. I only have trouble in my sinuses and head. I feel dizzy, head is burning, sinuses are dry and I get headaches. Anybody else out there suffering? Tried everything OTC and RX. Does anybody know of a remedy to keep sinuses lubricated?

The symptoms that you are describing are characteristic of sinusitis.Any change in temperature(esp cold),humidity or weather can cause sinusitis.

The most common way to get rid of a stuffy nose is to use an over-the-counter (OTC) decongestant combined with an anti-inflammatory analgesic (pain reliever) like Ibuprofen. However, you should not use decongestants for more than 5-7 days at a time. Avoid indigestible, spicy, foods and meats. Eat simply of wholesome food. Obtain needed out-of-door exercise, sunbaths, and swimming. It can also be treated using a saline or antihistamine nasal spray.

Symptoms can also be relieved by using a nasal spray that contains corticosteroids but fro that pls consult an ENT specialist as they are not available over the counter.The golden rule for chronic stuffy nose is steam inhalation. Inhaling steam from a bowl of hot (but not boiling water) may help to soften, and loosen, the build up of mucus in your nose. You may also find that adding some menthol crystals, or eucalyptus oil, to the water, helps to ease your symptoms of catarrh.

These remedies should work for you. If the symptoms still persist then pls consult an ENT specialist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

I am an Indian,i do have have some of the symptoms of sinusitis,i prefer sunbath and steam as they are safe compared to other madications and you get relieved for sure,
please try using menthol crystals or vicks/something which is available in your country.............take care bye:)