Allergy Community
dust mite allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

dust mite allergy

I was taking shots for dust mite allergy and now that its summer, I missed about 2 months of not taking shots
I feel weak and fatigued and feel like I have a virus that wont go away . its been about 3 weeks and not going away.

I had a similar experience about 4 years ago but I had missed about 5 months without an allergy shot.

I can sleep ok at night , but when I wake up it kind of starts all over with shoulder and neck pain, malaise and fatigue

I am going to allergist to get shot tomorrow, and find out if this is the problem,
Ive been to doctors thinking it might be a sinus infection, took antibiotics, prednisolone for possible sinus inflammation for sinusitis, but it hasnt helped. I feel like my immune system is lowered , but I had medical blood tests
done and all is normal.  Can anyone help or have suggestions?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Allergies can cause weakness. However you must also look into other causes. Diabetes can cause both weakness and exacerbate allergies. Weakness and fatigue can also be due to anemia, hypothyroidism and low white cell count. Hypothyroidism is related to allergies too, especially the autoimmune variant—Hashimotos. Wearing a mask, especially designed for people with dust and pollen allergy will help filter a lot of allergens.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  You should get some blood tests done like CBC. Do consult your doctor and discuss this with him.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thanks for your response.

I had a CBC done 2 weeks ago and all was normal.

I got an allergy shot today. I think my immune system is down, but wouldnt the CBC
show it. What items in the CBC should you look for to find out.

Mainly the eosinophil count. Allergy can be due to high count and high count can also cause allergy. High eosinophil count is mostly due to parasitic infestations.
My doctor thinks I might have a virus , so he put me on Tagaflu , when does that get into the system?

My allergies are acting up after I took a dust mite allergy shot on Wednesday, and I feel a lot of shoulder and neck pain and fatigue.

Have you dealt with non allergic rhinitis, could this be related, because I had something similar to this but not as bad as now with the weakness and malaise.

My doctor asked me if I want to go on IV fluid for 4-5 hours , which he feels there might be dehydration.
Do you think this would help in getting more energy.?
Yes, it could be flu or non allergic rhinitis, though without examination cannot comment for sure. Take plenty of hot fluids. You would need to take anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen too. If symptoms persist go for IV fluids.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
What exactly are symptoms of non allergic rhinitis, would IV fluids help if there is a viral
infection, what exactly do the IV fluids help to do.

Can you have the flu with a low grade fever?

I felt worse after I got my dust mite allergy shot, its like I got weaker after the shot/

What elsed do you recommend if the tamiflu and IV fluids dont help/

I am taking paxil 20 mg. do you think that stress from work, I should ask psychiatrist to see if I need to increase dosage on paxil

I just took my temperature, it is about 100., and have muscle aches, especially in shoulder and neck

Please let me know what you think and thanks again for replying
What hot fluids to drink? Tea, ?
How many mg. of ibuprofen can you take at one time and then how long till the next
time you can take that is safe.?