Allergy Community
eyes sun alergy(allergy)??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

eyes sun alergy(allergy)??

I am 17 and since the summer of 2007 I have a kind of alergy (allergy) every summer. when there is sun, my eyes get red, it burns and I have feeling that I have something in it. Is this caused by sun alergy (allergy)? I use some medications and the redness disappears, however, this is quite annoying. anyway, what can it be caused by and how can it be cureD?

WElCOME .. I'm not really sure .. are you using a good sunglass .. maybe one made by an optician?  Maybe try preservative otc eye drops like Genteal or something like that if ok with your eye dr.  Could be a form of dry eyes that is there and the sun makes it much worse but we aren't dr's so cannot diagnose.  I'd see an opthamologist and you also can post on our expert eye forum where an Opthamologist will answer your ? which is a good one!!!

C~