folliculitis!
I have a question about my folliculitis on my upper chest, limited at the collar area (but they were a lot, around 50). ( I never have it on my chest before, they were just on my back)
I went to see a dermatologist and he told me that the folliculitis are allergy reaction. I told him that I have a strong coffee the day before the folliculitis outbreak on my chest. The dermatologist gave a shot on each bump and some antibiotic pills. My question is that the folliculitis are really caused by the allergy? thank you very much.
Thanks for the post!
If the diagnosis is correct and what you have is indeed folliculitis, then this is an infection of the hair follicle (sac from which the hair grows). This is not an allergy.

The most common causes of hair follicle damage include:
Friction from shaving or tight clothing
Excessive perspiration
Inflammatory skin conditions, including dermatitis and acne
Injuries to your skin, such as abrasions or surgical wounds
Covering your skin with plastic dressings or adhesive tape
Exposure to coal tar, pitch or creosote — common among roofers, mechanics and oil workers”

“Your doctor is likely to diagnose folliculitis simply by looking at your skin. When standard treatments fail to clear the infection, your doctor may send a sample taken from one of your pustules to a laboratory, where it's grown on a special medium (cultured) and then checked for the presence of bacteria. When doctors suspect eosinophilic folliculitis, they may remove a small tissue sample (biopsy) from an active lesion for testing.”

I think you should discuss this with your doctor and get a referral for a skin specialist. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Refer: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/folliculitis/DS00512/DSECTION=tests%2Dand%2Ddiagnosis