food allergy rash I think????
My son has been allergic to dairy for 7 years.  When he over does it with the dairy he will break out with hives.  They usually only appear around his lips, but sometimes on the the hands, feet and trunk.  When this happens he takes some zytec and backs off all dairy for a few weeks.  The hives usually go away after a few hours.  This doesn't happen as often now that he is older.

About a week and 1/2 ago he got hives that stayed a little longer than usual.  Then he developed a rash all over his chest and back a couple days later.  This rash isn't like the hives.  The hives are big and show up hear or there.  This is small slightly raised red patches all over. He is miserable because he is so itchy.  I got him benedryll and calladryll lotaion.  I don't know if I spelled that right and I don't feel like getting up to go look at the bottle---chuckle.

My question is could this rash be something totaly unrelated or could it possibly be the milk allergy getting worse.
I know he still had some dairy when he shouldn't have so maybe his system is overloaded and his symptyms have now evolved from hives to a rash.

How long will a rash like this take to go away?  He has had it for 4 days now.  I haven't taken his to the doctor because I didn't figure thereis anything he could do.  Is there?

Does anyone else have a dairy allergy and have this problem?
Hello bearsmomma,

Currently the only treatment for milk allergies is total avoidance of milk proteins. Products in addition to milk itself to be avoided by those with milk allergy include yogurt, butter, cheese, and cream. Use some anti allergics like fexofenadine under the physician opinion. Just be patient and observe if the problem persists and if it increases.
Best