Allergy Community
has anyone done allergy shots for their kids?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I'm considering doing allergy shots for my kids.  Has anyone had any success with them?  Is it worth the time and effort?
Hi Shilo, I did allergy shots myself as a middle school kid. They worked great for about 30 years. After being exposed to different animals and plants, (went from being a city girl to a country girl) I am now in the process of re-doing allergy shots. For me they worked great,. Have your kids been tested to see what they are allergic to? That would be the important first step.The allergy shot medication is mixed strictly on what you are allergic to. I have to take 3 shots each week, because I am allergic to so many things. I know there is a lot of time and money involved, but I think the benefits outway the negatives. After a year I am now giving my own shots. Very very easy to do, and saves a lot of money. I am feeling so much better now, and this spring have hardly any symptoms at all. Good luck, and hope they help your kids.
Yes, allergy shots are worth time and effort. They save a lot of time, money and worry for the future.