Allergy Community
head tremors

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

head tremors

I have been taking singulair for a couple of years now and have all of a sudden developed a head tremor.  Could these tremors be related to the Singulair
Hi Denana,
Welcome to the forum.

U.S. and Canadian drug regulators are investigating the popular allergy medication Singulair in response to reports of mood changes, suicidal behaviour and suicide in patients.
Head tremors could be also a side-effect, as it is consistent with the possible side effects presented with the use of Singulaire, however, not directly listed itself as one, but rather linked to one ( seizures, dizziness, headaches, etc).
It should be reported to your prescribing Doctor immediately.

Please offer more details such as reasons for taking it and other symptoms.
There may be better options available.

Take care.
Niko
Which singulair are you taking? The child's one or the adult? The child's one has artificial sweetener so that could be causing your head tremors. The adult one has lactose monohyrate if you react to milk that could also be an issue.

achilles2
adult
I take it for allergies.  I also have been taking zyrtek along with it because of my allergies being so bad.  Maybe it is the combination of the two
   Hi Denana.

There's no known interaction between zyrtec and singulair.

If you have serious allergies and you don't want to take medication
(with all the side-effects), why not consider Holistic Allergy Elimination.

I'm familiar with "Allergy Antidotes" which I have used on many allergy sufferers with very good results over the last few years.
Also NAET (Dr. Namburdripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques) is another similar method.
There are doctors and practitioners all around the world using these methods, as there's a real need to properly address this issue with allergies that is reaching epidemic proportions!
Just do a search for practitioners in your area, if interested.
Take care.
Niko
Both Singulair and Zyrtec contain lactose monohydrate