Allergy Community
how do i know if i am allergic to Guaifenesin?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how do i know if i am allergic to Guaifenesin?

well Guaifenesin is in robitussin? and i need to know if i am allergic to Guaifenesin because i need to know if i am allergic to robitussin. one more question, what does the word robitussin come from? im sorry i just have to know everything about the medicine before i consume any.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
179332_tn?1273250959
Guaifenesin is a mucus thinner. Although I believe it would be rare to be allergic to it - they do sell Mucinex which is JUST Guaifenesin - you could take that and see if you react. I have severe allergies and have been taking Guaifenesin for almost 13 years or more - I used to have an RX for it but, you can now buy the large bottle of it at Costco for cheap...so, I do that...
Blank
I am allergic to guaifenesin, so just because others are not allergic to it does not mean that you aren't.  I had an anaphylactic reaction to it, so it is no minor allergy.  Please be careful when you are testing yourself for an allergic reaction. Be certain to have someone else there, in case you too should have a serious reaction.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...