Allergy Community
hypersensitivity to caffiene

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

hypersensitivity to caffiene

Dear Sir.Madam

i,m 48 years old.  started drinking coffee at 15 years of age. just loved it but over 30 years of use i'm beginning to think i'm actually allergic to it.  i was diagnosed with bipolar illness 20 years ago.  i have a very severe illness.  one of the typical symptoms of being bipolar is feeling two different moods,  depression and manic highs.  i only ever get high.  this is strange.
I have been drinking 12-14 cups of coffee a day but reduced it to two cups in the morning,  one morming last week i did not take the 2 cupsin the morning.  well,  i was just so unhappy and didn't have any energy .  this is not a normal feeling for me to be unhappy. i also smoke and having tryed to give this up understand what craving means.  for the half hour that i never took coffee i had cravings for a half our.  i did go and make a cup and after that was happy again and back cleaning my house for five hours. Would it be possable that i'm allergic to caffiene?  also being bipolar i have racing thoughts however on giving up a massive amount of coffee 5 months ago these thoughts have slowed down.
Also is thier an actual allergy test for caffiene

Look farward to your answer on this   linda  crooks