Allergy Community
i keep smelling smoke when there is no smoke.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Okay, lately for about a week in a half i have been smelling smoke. I don't smoke and the only person in the house hold who smokes is my mom. and she is not a heavy smoker. But the thing is i don't just smell it around the house i smell it in the car, in random places. Even my own bedroom. I do not understand cause my dad doesn't smell it. I can only smell it. am i going crazy? is there some type of pill i can take?  help me please!
Tags: smelling smoke, help me
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Phantosmia or olfactory hallucinations, usually presents with smelling odors such as smoke, that are not physically present.  It can be due to  the loss of some of the ability to smell normally which leads to overcompensation of the brain by offering up odors ( usually disagreeable ones). This condition often disappears without treatment. However, it is best that you check with your doctor or be referred to an ear, nose and throat specialist with experience in treating distortions in smell to rule out organic causes. Take car and do keep us posted.
im good. but i still dont understand its been happening for weeks.... help?