insect bite and itchy throat
Five days ago I was bitten by some kind of insect. The resulting weal is about one-inch across, and still bright red and itchy - much more than my usual local reaction to a mosquito or blackfly bite. What worried me is, at the time of the bite itself, my throat got scratchy -- but only for about 15 minutes. There was no tingling feeling, only scratchy, and that feeling went away pretty quickly. Does this sound like a systemic reaction, or is it way too mild?    
How are you? Most insect bites are pretty harmless. If you have a history of allergies or asthma, you may be at increased risk of developing anaphylaxis or severe life threatening reaction. Development of the following signs and symptoms within minutes of exposure to an allergen/bite is a strong indication of anaphylaxis: constriction of the airways with wheezing and a swollen tongue/throat, difficulty breathing, weak and rapid pulse, dizziness/ fainting, hives/itching, flushed or pale skin and nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.

I hope this helps. Take care and keep us posted.