Allergy Community
itching all over body after being outside when allergies are acting up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

What can I do for allergies that cause the following symptoms.  Itching, runny nose, wheezing sometimes and swelling of face and feeling brain fog?  I am using Allegra, Nasal Spray and have an inhaler for wheezing.  The brain fog is really the most difficult to deal with.  I have had allergy shots in the past, and they helped to some degree.  I love to work outside in the yard, and I always have a reaction at this time of year due to grass allergies.  Thank you for any advice.
Tags: Allergies
Allergies are your body's way of reacting to perceived threats in your environment. When the body is exposed to a substance you are allergic to, called a trigger or allergen, your immune system tries to fight off the assault by producing an antibody called immunoglobulin E (IgE). The problem is, these antibodies cause your cells to release proteins called histamines, which in turn can cause itching, swelling, runny eyes or nose, or, in more severe cases, problems with swallowing and breathing.
There are hundreds of different allergy triggers, but the most common ones include pollens, molds, dust mites (tiny creatures that live in household dust), animal dander, and industrial chemicals.
If your allergies seem to flare up at specific times, most commonly in the spring, then you probably have hay fever, in which case pollen is responsible.
If you just can't live without your daily walk or run, then try to schedule it for a time of day when pollen counts are lowest, typically later in the day. Pollen in the air is densest between 5 and 10 am, according to the AAAAI. To find a pollen and mold report for your area, go to the AAAAI’s localized service.
If you must be outside then tie a scarf or surgical mask around your  face to keep allergens out.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/allergy
Apart from these measures you are taking all the medications required.

Thank you for your prompt reply to my questions.  Allergies here in Western Pennsylvania are at their highest level in 13 years, and I made the mistake of setting mine off by weedwhacking about 3 weeks ago and have had problems ever since.  It is so nice to have a website to go to when problems arise.  Thank you again.