Allergy Community
itchy crawley feeling all over body!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

itchy crawley feeling all over body!!!

I have the same problem.....It use to be worse about 10 years ago but every once and a while it comes back for a few days to kick my butt. My itchyness is not really the kind you can scratch and make feel better its more like a creepy crawly feeling just like you explained........What is this? It feels so awful I get goose bumps all over my body. My husband says its a combination of hormones and allergies.....he might be right. How do you control your. I take Zertac as soon as I feel it coming but sometimes that doesnt even work......but it usually does ......thank GOD!!!! When I get a bad one I have to pull my hair up take off my makeup and sometimes drink more wine then usual. I wish there was an answer for this....I have seen many Dr's in the past and no one could figure it out......they wanted to give me a depression medication.......I'm a happy full of energy person!!! I know I dont need any medication. The only thing that brings me down is this awful feeling when I get it......Itchy all over and a creepy crawling type of itch......NOT the regular itch you can scratch. In my nose, my ears, top of my feet and it feels like someone is passing a feather over my nose......Its awful!!!! Is this how you feel? If so please share if your has been taken care of, and HOW........Please.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to neuropathy, which is a disorder of the nerves. Your symptoms could also be due to scabies. It is an infection caused by a mite Sarcoptesscabiei, it burrows in the skin folds of hands and feet and causes intense itching mostly at night. I would advise you to consult your doctor as there are medications which can be applied,  which could prove to be therapeutic. In the meantime wash clothes in hot water.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.