itchy eyes
I have allergies that make my eyes itch.  I also get cold sores and I always fear spredding into my itchy eyes. I just had a cold sore and am trying to reconvince my self that my itchy eyes are a result of allergies and not herpes. So my question is, is it normal to have your eyelids and eyebrows itch too? When awoke this morning I felt good, I went to a friends and still felt good.  Then after lunch they really started itching and after a little while I got scared and cried. After I alittle bit of crying they felt better. Then I walked to the store and now I am home and they itch but only a little.  Right after lunch I ran into a friend who was smoking and I walked passed some smoker on my way home from the store so I think that could be it, although I have never noticed this before.  I think that I might also be allergic to dust, last night I was flipping through an old dusty book and it really bothered me.  Is it normal that my whole eye area itches? Is it normal to feel better in the morning after sleeping?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Yes, it is normal. Certain allergies are manifested by symptoms of the eyes like itching, watering or redness. So first get an allergy panel done, either a skin ***** or RAST. Then mark what you are allergic to. Avoid those allergens in tinned food, packed food, pickles, medicines, creams, gels etc. If you are allergic to dust, then the only solution is daily or frequent vacuum cleaning. In case you need to do dusting maybe you can take some antihistamines before that. Dust in air outside cannot be avoided. Maybe weaing sunglasses will help.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!