Allergy Community
itchy red and dry rash on face to neck.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

itchy red and dry rash on face to neck.

about a year ago i've got this rash that occurs on my face. Its itchy at first then it spreads all over my face and sometime even my neck and elbow.I can barely open my mouth or eye because its so dry. It last about a week then the red patchy rash start to get extremely dry and starts peeling off. i've had this problem about 9 times now and getting very frustrated.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello,
This itchy rash can be allergic reaction , eczema which is often precipitated by allergies or some chronic skin disease. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Im taking chinese herbal medicine at the moment. Its working quite well i dont know if the rash will come back again. Can i cure this problem? its effecting my social life.
Blank
Hello,
If it is eczema or allergies then it can be treated. But if it is chronic skin condition then it may take some time for treatment. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. The type of medication prescribed will depend on many factors, including the type of eczema, past treatment, and the patient’s preference.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank