itchy spots
I too had itchy spots, it will start with one shoulder and then the other shoulder it then spread to the whole of my back and under any area my bra straps and undies rubs against. Now with that clue I would lubricate with vaseline any area my waistband and bra area . I find that the best treatment is to put a cold towel and leave it for awhile 30min until the itchy period disappears. When showering warm and gradually colder will also relieve the itch.  I think it could be the allergy to hair colour and your skin is responding violently to the chemicals. I was put on steriods pills and cortisone steroid cream and that helps a lot. The cold compresses really helps me with the itch. Does anyone think it is the hair colour? My scalp also itches after coloring my hair.
As the itchy spots are limited to the the areas where the straps and waistband are in contact with the skin, your symptoms could be due to contact dermatitis, that is exposure to an irritant like a chemical or metal or anything you are allergic to, it can cause rash. It could also be eczema. This itches so much that all the scratching makes it look like 'shoe leather' (or 'elephant hide'). You can control the symptoms with prescription strength mild cortisone creams. For either of these conditions for therapy the best way is to prevent attacks by identify those substances which you are allergic to and avoid them. So, Allergy testing would be worth looking into.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.