Allergy Community
itchy trhoat causing nonstop coughing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

itchy trhoat causing nonstop coughing

I have itchy throat where the only means to relieve the itchiness  is by coughing, but when i start coughing it goes continuously. I have gone to several doctors form allergy experts to pulmonologists, they had me under several tests for lung capacity, xrays but they have not ound anything wrong about my lungs, I dont feel pain, just the irritation of coughing and the irritated looks on the people around me. I have no colds, no laryngitis nor pharyngitis or any other inflammatory throat inrection. Im taking antihistamine right now but it seems as it is not helping me at all. This cough caused by itchy throat is now a year old and its making me depressed. Please help, how to relieve the itchiness in my throat- it feels like it is tickled, like somethin is pricking it inside-...please i need help.

The common cause for itchy throat and cough is air borne allergy. Cough is a way that the body clears particles such as allergens and secretions from the airways. Some common causes of chronic cough include asthma, allergic rhinitis, sinus problems (for example sinus infection),post nasal drip and esophageal reflux of stomach contents.Since most of the respiratory problems have been investigated,these possibilities should be probed.Pls discuss these possibilities with your doctor.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.
thanks, all those causes u mentioned were cleared out. i've undergone tests to eliminate the cause of the itchy throat and there'is nothing to suggest any upper respiratory disease. also with allergy, i have been using mask outside and inside the house just to prevent pollen/airborne allergy but still my throat itch. it does not hurt though but it sure is very very irritating. the itch is somewhere justabove the adams apple, i really like to scratch it if i could but its impossible.
anymore ideas?
thanks.