Allergy Community
jaw, ear throat pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

jaw, ear throat pain

I have had jaw pain for many days, only on one side, now i have ear and throat pain on the same side, and my jaw hurts so bad, like I had been punched (or so I assume) really har din the jaw.  It hurts to eat, and I have pain in my ear and a sore throat.....can anyone give me advise?  Bad sinuses?  Time to go the Dr?
If anything is alarming you should see a doctor. It could possibly be an infection. Cavity / bad tooth?
Hi, combination of your ear pain and the jaw pain could be due to sinus congestion. There are many cases where individuals that suffering from sinus congestion also experience pressure in the ear, with earaches and even jaw pain. The earaches you are having may be an infection in the ear due to blocked sinuses.

Other causes of aw pain can be due to infection of salivary gland like parotitis, infected foci, osteoporosis related jaw disarticulation or fracture. If the pain won’t subside or there is progressive worsening then you may need to undergo x-ray of jaw, serum alkaline phophatase and calcitonin level, radio imaging of the jaw joint will help to evaluate.

You can take hot showers. You need to take antibiotic- oral as well as ear drops, analgesics against prescription. You should go to ENT specialist to avoid complications in future. Take care and regards.