Allergy Community
jelly fish
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

jelly fish

what can i use for jelly fish sting
Related Discussions
  • Fish alergy (1 replies):
    I am allergic to fish. It has not been confirmed by test...[more]
1355118_tn?1298568479
Hi, Jellyfish cause most marine envenomations in the United States and worldwide. There are more than 100 species and severity of sting ranges from mild local reaction to life threatening systemic reactions.
It is important to remove jellyfish tentacles promptly, to prevent further exposure to toxins.
Application of heat appears to be an effective treatment. Heat may be able to alter the protein structure of jellyfish toxins and render them less toxic.  The temperature of water can be kept between 43 to 45ºC and should be applied by immersion of a limb or by hot shower for approximately 20 minutes.
Adolph's meat tenderizer (which contains papain, a proteolytic enzyme that theoretically cleaves nematocyst toxins) can also be effective.
For hypersensitivity reactions oral antihistamines and topical corticosteroids can be taken against prescription.
I suggest you to consult physician. Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...