latex and fruit allergies
I was told years ago that I have a latex allergy and tropical fruit allergies by an allergist.  Since then, I have been harrassed by medical professionals before surgeries, etc. stating that if I wear any kind of underwear, I do not have a latex allergy.  I still have a very bad allergy to all tropical fruits, if I pick up a latex backed throw rug I still swell, turn red, close up, get weak with high bp.  I am told that latex allergy and tropical fruit allergy are correllated.  I wear cotton and microfiber underwear but have some itchy areas even with these.  If I even pick up a latex bra or underwear in the store, I get sick. What do you think?
How are you? There is indeed an interesting association of  latex allergy  to food such as bananas and sometimes other foods like kiwi, papaya, avocados and apricots.  However, the cause of the relationship is uncertain.
With latex allergy, it could be genetic or repeated exposure to it that is responsible. Avoidance of the provoking agent or latex, is the most effective way to manage it.  Unfortunately, there is no current treatment available to desensitize a person allergic to latex. Treatment of reactions through  prescription medications such as antihistamines, adrenaline, and steroids may help. Take care and best regards.