Allergy Community
latex and plastics

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

latex and plastics

only my left hand breaks out to certain plastics, latex hurts both. if i tear certain plastics with my teeth within minutes i have to take benedryl. this reaction last about 10 min as my throat closes and needs to reopen. all this became an issue when i was in the dentist and the dr. wore latex gloves to work on me and had to run for benedryl. if i touch plastis bags my left hand immediately breaks out with bleeding cracks. has anyone had these symptoms?

You are suffering from allergy to the latex gloves. It would be best to avoid use of latex  and use non latex products and also carry an antihistamine or antiallergic medication handy in case of a sudden allergic reaction.

Consult your doctor whether you need to carry an epi-pen for use in case of an emergency.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.