lemon allergy
I am allergic to lemons, but not to other citrus fruits.  I can actually use citric acid when I make preserves, jellies, etc.  Several years ago I started researching my lemon allergy and stumbled on an article suggesting that the allergy is associated with a chemical or protein in the lemon.  This was semi confirmed by an aunt, pharmacist/chemist, who was aware of a chemical that was present in lemons, but not in other citrus fruits.  I thought it was "lemonine". Does anyone have information about this.

I am a lifelong fan of Earl Gray tea, a tea made from the bergamot, or bergamot orange.  Some brands of the Earl Gray tea cause a minor reaction, and some do not.  It has never caused the same response as with lemon, straight or in foods (unknown to me).  Does anyone know if the bergamot is more lemon like, or more orange like.  It is considered an orange, but it is yellow.  Are there different types of bergamots?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.
Maintain a food diary and note down and monitor your symptoms. This may help to narrow down the search. Also, an allergy specialist might be able to help you.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.