Allergy Community
lever function test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

lever function test

i have a LFT test on 19.04.2013. My AG ratio is 1.36, SGOT is 60.77 and SGPT is 74.273. and in kidney test my URIC Acid is 7.5. I m a regular drinker 180 ml per day and a smoker too. Kindly suggest is the situation is alarming or I control it to leave drink and smoke?
Tags: lever
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your liver enzymes are elevated, it could be due to alcohol consumption. Was an ultrasonography done? If there were Fatty liver changes it can be due to alcoholism when it is called Alcoholic fatty liver disease. If you do not have symptoms of liver disease like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever, I would advise you to wait for now and repeat the test after four weeks to see how the levels are progressing. In the meantime you could follow certain precautions. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid drugs like paracetamol and sedatives. Get vaccinated for hepatitis A & B. Take a good protein diet.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
thank you for your useful advice. I do not have any kind of symptoms as mentioned. Is there any medicines for it or it can be cured by itself?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

When the liver cells are damaged the enzymes spill into the blood and so the levels are raised in blood testing. So, if the basic insult is dealt with, the enzyme levels should normalize. Also, obesity, diabetes and high triglyceride levels can cause fatty liver changes. So, prevention or cure is by avoiding alcohol and treating diabetes, obesity and high triglyceride levels. You can also use herbal medications like LIv 52, it helps in regeneration of the liver.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.