Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
liquor
just recently i have noticed after a night of only one mixed drink i will wake up feeling sick and out of it. i cant drink multiple beers and feel fine the next day, is this an allergy or do i just feel the effects of liquor more than most??
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
Hi,
Adverse reactions induced by alcoholic drinks are common. Many normal individuals will experience and sometimes develop alcohol intolerance such as nasal congestion and mild flushing of the skin within minutes of ingesting alcohol.Other side-effects include fluttering of the heart, sensation of heat, headache, abdominal discomfort or a drop in blood pressure. This is not an allergy, but related purely to the vasodilator  effects of alcohol. The vasodilatory effect of alcohol in the stomach can increase the absorption of food allergens in the stomach and can also aggravate food allergies. Allergic reactions to alcohol itself are rare. Symptoms observed include: severe rashes, difficulty breathing, stomach cramps or collapse, a condition known as anaphylaxis. If your symptoms persists every time you drink alcohol, it is best to avoid liquor or alcoholic drinks. Take care and regards.
Comment
Cancel
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
Top Asthma Answerers
746512 tn?1388811180
Blank
Tammy2009
Calgary, AB
209987 tn?1451939065
Blank
tschock
AB
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
SassyLassie
Nelson, New Zealand