Allergy Community
liver

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

liver

I want to know what to do for a high sgot  of 60 and a sgpt of 109  
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Normal values for SGOT is 0-35 and SGPT is 4-36. The SGPT and SGOT levels are elevated in liver disorders. Besides this they are also elevated in conditions like muscle injury and sometimes due to medications. If you do not have symptoms of liver disease like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever, I would advise you to wait for now and repeat the test after four weeks to see how the levels are progressing.

In the meantime you could follow certain precautions. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid drugs like paracetamol and sedatives. Get vaccinated for hepatitis A and B. Take a good protein diet.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.