Allergy Community
loss of smell
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

loss of smell

Today I went to see an ENT because I have been having problems for the past 8 months with loss of smell and loss of flavor.This happened after the flu. He did a ct scan and discovered that I do not have a frontal sinus. He also said that my nerves were probably damaged from the virus. I didn't know that the flu was viral. He said that I could be put on a zinc supplement but he didn't think it would help since I had this problem over 6 months. Also, I have allergies to zinc. This is so frustrating. I eat things that I don't normally eat because I can't taste flavor of foods. I am afraid that I will start to gain weight. I guess I'm eating in hope that I will eventually taste something. As far as smell, I'm afraid that I may not be able to smell fire or a gas leak or even food that is spoiled. Is there any hope? Can someone help?