Allergy Community
metal alergy(allergy)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

metal alergy(allergy)

Heart attack in 2009. 100% occlusion of the left middle ventricle artery. 2 bare metal stents/made of cobalt/ were implanted. 3 months later I got in stent-restenosis and another- this time drug eluting stent was inserted those two. Cobalt was one of the elements too. Since then I have had constant severe chest pains- ended up 7 times in the emergency rooms went to 2 more angiograms and the doctors could not find anything. Finally a couple months ago did an allergy test and it showed VERY SEVERE ALERGY (allergy) TO COBALT AND GOLD. The doctors again- did not know what to do. The allergy doctor suggested starting Prednisone and seeing if this works. I am refusing to take this drug due to the severe side effects I have heard about. The stents cannot be removed unfortunately. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. If the doctor wants to treat inflammation- I would prefer to use some natural alternatives or a different allergy drug with no such side effects. The metal allergy exists- and it is VERY WELL DOCUMENTATED. Even Abbott- the manufacturer of the stents- sent me a literature advising NOT TO USE STENTS if a person is allergic to cobalt. Too late- they were implanted when I had the severe heart attack. Thank you in advance for your opinion and advice.